Saturday, November 10, 2012

Mortality of a Trip

So, the past few days I've been feeling a bit reserved as opposed to my usual outgoing, party hardy self.

Right now, and the foremost thing I need to do, is to get the fuck OUT of the UK.  I need to go to another country. I don't care where.

I'm getting stir crazy cooped up in one place.

Don't get me wrong, I have loved my time here in Canterbury, and there are still plenty of things to go and do and see, but I just feel like I have been reserved in my travel plans because of the price as well as school.  The mortality of this trip is looming on the horizon, and every fiber of my being is saying "Get out there Kevin!"

I know I could have traveled more, but even if I had I would still feel this way.  I don't regret not traveling as much because the time I have spent here and the friendships I've made are more than worth not getting a few pictures in another country.

However, the world is an old and large place, and I am but a scratch on its surface and a blink of its eye.  I haven't got to long, just a miniscule human life to spend, and I need to be sure I see and experience what I can when I can.

So that has been on my mind.  Also, I hate planning things and I like to DO things.  I just want to be able to go and do what I want when I want.  Public transportation and the prices they charge make that difficult.  I was going to just hop on a train to Amsterdam today and go fora  24 hour trip with a friend, but that fell through because the tickets were about 200GBP... which is absolutely insane.  If I was a rich man... (My wife would have a proper double chin)

Lastly, I am done with school. This trip has shown me I am no long a student and should not be here doing the student thing... I'm done with it.  I've been a student in the school system for far too long and I am done with that part of my life for now.

All in all, I'm getting stir crazy and need to get out of here and find some fun gifts for the family.  Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, I'll need a penny for that old man's hat.

God speed!

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment