Tuesday, February 25, 2014

7 Reasons Why Your Life Isn't as Fun as Mine



Change is scary.  A fear permeates the very being of uncertainty.  We desire, foolishly, to be in control when we never are.  "If you wish to hear God laugh, tell him your plans".  Whether you believe in God, an eternal, black nothingness, or the flying spaghetti monster, the saying hits home.  Your plans are forfeit!

 BUT! You do have a choice in your answers to adversity.


You can really bitch out
or
You can smile through it.


As of this coming Friday, Feb 28, 2014, I will be out of a job.  I will be, essentially, a leach on society, a glorified homeless person, and barnacle on the financial ship that is the (sinking) economy. 

Secondly, I've been planning a trip across the country for more or less 4 years.  I have planned the route, the budget, and the person I wanted to take it with.  Last week, she dropped out on me.  Granted, she is pursuing her own dreams and desires, and she received a job offer she would be a fool to pass up, but that leaves me in the lurch.  I'm a captain with no crew, and my ship is leaving very soon. August soon, so I will need to figure out my shit by then.

Seventh, and lastly, that trip I mentioned will land me in L.A. where I will be living once I arrive.  I was saving money so I could, ya know, survive once I got there.  Now I'm out a job and I'm out a partner in crime for my trip to get there.  That doubles my expenses and excommunicates me from that trickling font of income I once had.

All that being said, this is GREAT!

It is all new. It is all something different.  It is all something I can handle.  I look forward to handling it.  

 I've got plans for my life, I got a good place to eat and sleep, and I am a smart (enough.  I can figure out all the details as I go.  

Now, I'm hunting for a new job, preferably one that will get me some applicable skills I can transfer over to my new City when I get there.  (If anyone knows of any places looking for Bartenders, lemme' know)


With all this on my plate, I feel as though I need a rally call.  A call to arms to help me figure this out.  "No man is an Island" and all that.  And this is something of that. I'm therapeutically writing this all down to rally myself and light that fire that will get me out and about. Keep me active and keep me focused on the tasks at hand.

 
I skipped the video this week to write about this.  No pictures, no clips, no nothing but the truth of my life as it is happening now. I look at it in shambles, and I can't help but be excited by what can come from it. 


So here's to a new start at something, a new experience in my life.
Let's get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment