Thursday, March 6, 2014

You Can't Imagine How Much Fun We Had



Bowling feels to be a dying activity.  No one really talks about it anymore.  That being said, I want to know one person who has been bowling and didn't have a good time.  I'm not asking if you "like" going bowling, I'm saying you have fun when you do, no matter what.

Everyone has fun bowling. Everyone.

Bowling is just one of those things you never really think about on a day to day basis if you don't belong to a league.  Lots of people, especially on Wednesdays at Strike and Spare connected to circus world, play in a league, and it's all in good fun.  But, if you're part of the common rabble, such as myself, you don't ever really dream up going bowling often enough.

That was not this day.  A good friend, Lauren, and I headed off to go bowling. Sadly, as mentioned, Wednesdays are league nights and we were excommunicated from all the lanes until late that night. We needed something to do until it was our turn to throw some frames and we did what any self respecting adults would do.  We went into the play place.


OH, THE SIGHTS!
THE SOUNDS!
THE SMELLS OF CIRCUS WORLD!


Glow golf was good (put-put golf with black lights), and my ankles (and pride) took a beating while we glided gracefully around our own personal skating rink, but the arcade was our true prize.


I did not disappoint with my skills at hand-eye coordination games! I slew myself a dragon in a quarter shooting catapult game. (Those hand-eye games are my niche, I must say)
Lauren dismantled reality with her skills on the Claw Machine.  She was 2 for 2 on prizes won in those claw machines.  Basically the people working there had to close down shop before we won all their prizes!


We had a whole lot of fun running around, and it was a refreshing change of pace from the usual twenty-something plan of "Let's go to this bar" or "Let's go to that bar".  I'm not saying I don't enjoy going to bars, quite the reverse!  I'm just glad there are people out there who enjoy silly things enough to give them a chance.  I'm glad to see that creativity has not been lost, and that, if you simply look, there are more things out there than you can possibly dream up!


There is always something going on in your city, you just need to be open to suggestions and a little creative in where you look.  Bands playing, bars serving drinks, and even a few frames of bowling simply waiting to be had.  Keeping an open mind is what gets you out there, the fun will come as long as you let it!


FUN: Guaranteed to happen if you let it.




No comments:

Post a Comment