Friday, September 21, 2012

New Friends = Success

If the above mentioned title was anything close to true (which it is), then I am a very successful person.  I live for people.

By the time I made it to campus, I had been awake for over twenty four hours.  I could not sleep well on the flight over.  I did catch a wink or two on the bus(coach as they say here in the UK) but it was limited. That night, I went to the "Campus Tour" which meant "Pub Crawl".  I dunno how many people I met, but I do know I was awake until all hours of the night.  I am energized by new people and new things.  I love talking to new people and meeting new people and I'm energized by it. I can't stress that enough. It's a poor replacement for sleep, true, but it does the job quite well for a segment of time.

Canterbury is a blast with the above mentioned new friends.  I spent the day in Canterbury, sleep deprived and missing a voice of my own, with Gabz and Harry.  We stopped by the Unicorn on the way to town, a local pub, and grabbed ourselves a brew.

Gabz and those tiny doors.
A pint (or 12) at the Unicorn.

We bought ourselves a Hophead Brew and sat down for a bit in the good ol' Unicorn.  A perfect pub for a perfect town. I've got two more small bits for the fam. to really bring the outing home.



Lastly, I have been meaning to make this a video blog but my voice left me almost as soon as I arrived.  I'll ease into it I suppose.  Sorry for the delay but maybe this will satisfy your desire to see my face...


They come in what flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment